Thursday 28 August 2008

Dreams?

The Gypsy Froghoff was telling me today that our dreams come from the stars, that when we sleep they speak to us. So the mystic's seem to think that dreams are the stars speaking to us, but I've never once spoken to Michael Cane and he's a star in my books.

Personally I think she's one girl short of a shoe factory, but it got me wondering, where DO our dreams come from...

So my first port of call was Wikipedia, as it's a bastion of knowledge and they pay me £10 everytime I mention them! Wikipedia informs us that dreams come from REM... But I'm sure people used to dream before the band formed.

So I called up my old friend Professor Katz again, from Oxford University, he explained to me that he was fed up of my questions and to leave him alone, he then began to cry for half an hour until I hung up and went out for a smoothee. Happy Days!

So in the end I am no closer to discovering the truth behind dreams, maybe it will remain a mystery or maybe I'll solve it one day, or maybe this is the dream and we're awake when we're dreaming, which doesn't make much sense gramatically but I know what I'm talking about.

Well I'd best get back to whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

This has always been my theory on dreams (!!!) - that when we're 'awake' we are actually dreaming and our real lives are the ones we dream... it would explain why something like 'The Hoff' would exist.. only a messed up dream could make that up!!

Loopy Lou said...

I laugh out loud