Thursday 18 February 2010

Movies of Games

Uwe Boll, the man is a pestilant piece of shit on the world of cinema.

This man singlehandedly destroyed any hope of a decent Alone in the Dark movie or a good Bloodrayne film. He sucked the life out of those franchises and delivered very poor movies, Alone being one of the worst movies I've seen, and I've seen a lot of bad films.

Movies of computer games are generally shit, as are computer games of movies, and some games and movies of the same franchise are both shit.

Not all are bad, for instance Silent Hill was a great adaptation in my opinion, and although I didn't like the stories, the Resident Evil films are pretty good.

Now an old franchise will be out soon on film for the first time, and that's Prince Of Persia. Now it's helmed by the same guy who did the Pirates movies, so that gives this some credibility... however the badguy is played by Ben Kingsley... shudder...

It's not that I don't rate Ben Kingsley... it's just... he's done a lot of bad movies. His portrayal of The Hood in Thunderbirds will always ruin anything I see him in. So his villanous status needs a proper overhaul in this movie or I just wont buy his performance.

I'm not sold by the trailer for the film, and I just hope that it does a decent job and not do a Super Mario Bros. < Worst. Game. Film. Ever!

No comments: