Thursday 19 August 2010

Sharktopus

I have a certain affection for bad movies.

Sometimes the bad movies are actually more fun to watch with a group of people than the good movies are. I don't know about you (as you could be anyone) but I tend to comment on the action that is unfolding in front of me.

This can be annoying as I tend to reveal my thoughts on the plot and 9 out of 10 times I'm right and probably spoil the movie for anyone who's not trying to work it out from the offset. I also tend to point out the plot holes and put words in the actors mouths.

Now when a group of people get together to watch a movie, people naturally talk. This can irritate even me if it's a good movie and people are talking over the important plot points. So I tend to like to watch bad movies with people, as that way, it doesn't matter if they talk over it, as the plot doesn't matter and you can spend the next hour and a half ripping the movie to shreds.

There's a certain culture growing for bad movies, and Syfy are the kings of making them. From the offset you know you'll be watching something pretty ridiculous yet genius at the same time. They were the guys behind Giant Shark vs Mega Octopus, and now they're bringing out the ultimate cheesy bad monster movie.

Sharktopus.

Half shark, half octopus! It's got Eric Roberts in it as a scientist who creates a creature with the front half of a shark and tentacles for it's back half. He's made it for the military and put a flashing mind control device on the sharktopus's noggin. However, the mind control device isn't as resilient as you'd like it to be and before you can say "Holy shit, it's a shark crossed with an octopus that seems to have be genetically engineered by the military for god knows what purpose and it's coming this way!" Sharkypus goes on a rampage.


[Somehow I doubt this guy's gun will do any damage.]

It looks terribly good. This is a movie that has to be seen to be believed, a bit like The Human Centipede. So, when it comes out, expect either an invitation from me to come watch it, or a half arsed review about it.

But before I watch an bad movie, I will be watching [REC]2 and Inception this weekend. Wahoo!

Ciao for Niao!

No comments: